Skip to content
- 4 medium-sized raw green mangoes
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black rock salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds (ground coarsely)
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds (roasted and ground coarsely)
- 6 sprigs of mint (to garnish)
Steps to Make It
- Wash, peel and grate the raw mangoes. Mix the mangoes, sugar, and water in a deep saucepan or pressure cooker and boil till the mangoes are soft.
- Put this mixture into a food processor and blend till smooth.
- Put the blended mix back into the saucepan and on a medium flame.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Take off from the fire and allow to cool completely.
- Pour into glasses, dilute with a little chilled water if needed, mix well and add crushed ice.
- Garnish with a sprig of mint and serve.